I am still working on my music journal,(the link is to a list of all the completed pages with links) but I had an issue with a completed page ... actually with a combination of pages. I liked both of these pages individually, but when they were next to each other I did not like the effect. I had not done two pages of different songs next to each other until I finished these and have been pondering them for a while. I work directly in the book, the pages are assembled where they are and somehow I let myself work on it without stepping back to get the whole view. My painting teacher would have been appalled at me for not stepping back. This is what they looked like next to each other.
So I kept staring at them until I decided I had to add a page to separate them. The easy thing, I guess would have been to just sew in a page that looked like the ones already in the book, but I got to playing with stuff and this happened. The added page is sewed in around the existing coptic binding stitches, but that is not obvious, as the waxed linen is the same.
The page is created from several security envelopes and uses the "windows" from the envelopes to include the previous page in the new one, which I am pretty sure is going to be a single song.
I am pleased, but there are a couple of other places where the song only took one page that are now playing with my brain. I am going to have to find songs that go with the existing one, and now I have to find some that go with the adjacent page and with the view through the window.
I guess planning that far ahead is not in my realm of possibility.