Monday, August 25, 2014

anoither journal page

I found, after my father went to assisted living, that there was a HUGE trove of saved ephemera in boxes stashed all over the house.  As my son will now attest to, the apple does not fall far from the tree.  But here I am, many years later, going through some of it.  This is an amalgam of old envelope stuff and a menu from a Berlin restaurant.  The date on the menu is 6 August 1929.  Why he saved it I don't know, and there is no way to really find out.  He was 19 at the time and probably about to set off to sea as a steward on a ship.  I have his steward's book and a lot of sea connected things, but this is definitely Berlin in 1929.


As a page goes it is OK, but needs something, I am not sure where it is going.  it is interesting only if you know the story, I think...



2 comments:

Gill said...

Oooh,Konigsberger Klosse! Our (my hero's) favourite. Lovely old style German handwrting too - all the u, w, n, m look the same!
It chimes with me...lovely page.

Anonymous said...

jordi, I like the page, I don't think it matters if i have no connection to the content. Like gill, I htink it's lovely