Saturday, February 14, 2015

More journal pages

This page came about when I was playing with packing tape transfers.  I had a two page spread with an almost heart on the left side and a blank page on the right.  I think that the almost heart was a wing shape from an angel silhouette, but I'm not sure.  In any case, I painted, gessoed, glued and ended up not quite anywhere. There was, in the back of my mind somewhere a memory of a photo from about 10 years ago or more of the fence around the reservoir at central park and a woman with a hat and a lamppost.  I tracked it down, it was originally a black and white photo from when I was printing my own photos and scanned it in.  I printed it in several orientations and styles, colored her hat and off we went with a piece of clear packing tape.  Originally she was only on the left side of the page but all of a sudden I could see the mirror image and there we were.





2 comments:

Gill said...

This page speaks to me. I really love the blue/red side and think you're really on a roll with this journal right now. Is the weather concentrating the mind?!

Anonymous said...

Like Gill, i really like thes pages Jordi. Hope your weather is not too bad. It's pouring with rain here today! Good for staying in and and oainting. :-)