Friday, May 8, 2015

Second page spread in Journal #3

When Journal #3 got sewn together, this was the "spread". It included one of the little randomly bound in stamped pages, so the little page flips from side to side.  Looked like this:



Now they look like this.  


The paper that made up the pages of this journal separated at the sewn spot more than any of the others so far.  I think I used more gel media transfers in this book and taking the paper off the transfer involves more water than I usually use.  SO I added a lot of striped strips that run through the pages and help to hold them together.  This was a tactic I hadn't used before but I liked it as it added elements to pages that had to be worked into the next design.

I have a lot of old wallpaper samples that were gifted to me by a friend.  I've probably had them 5 or 6 years and suddenly I am using them everywhere.  Hoarders Unite :-)


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Loving it. I like those little extra pages too. I shall look forward to progress.

jordi said...

Thanks DOrothy.. I am almost done with this book, I was going to post as I went along but got lost in something else, so now I am going to kind of march through the book.. kind of a flip through though there are a couple of pages left to do. I have one more untouched book but I won't let myself hit it til this one is done. Glad you are watching...